It's been a minute(about a damn month) since I updated this blog, so I figure I can now do a drop here! (I did say 'updated when I feel like it.' I would make a terrible content creator. Not that I would WANT to be.)
So in some basic news: minion has started school yet again, I am back to being a bit busier, FFXIV Evercold looks amazing and I've been playing that more again in evenings, and I'm still painting every night, for at least some time. Also, I have yet to hear an album better than Via Doloris' Guerre et Paix, yet this year so it becomes ever closer to my AotY award.
But here are the Night Lords! I don't get a whole lot of time to tabletop game, and that time is spent more TTRPG than wargaming, and wargaming is more skirmish based on the odd time I do it, and these would never be legal in GW rules but they'd be played casually with friends. Mostly they'll play the role of 'AD&D 2e Enemies' or something, or a table OC or whatnot.
It's a unit of 5, I named them and gave them little quirks. Apologies for the picture quality; I am still rearranging my space to get A. A new art desk and B. A better picture corner.
First up is the leader, Radek Farkas. He's a big, black metal looking lad with corpsepaint. (3 of these have long hair attached for that grimdark aesthetic which as most know I enjoy a lot and is my main painting style.)
Second is Lucian Kovács, his 2nd in command. He might be a little crazier. Around his waist is some of that hand-made skin cloak material. These two look the most 'corrupt'.
Dorian Stan is the 3rd guy and he's kind of obsessed with medieval style stuff for some reason. Slightly cleaner armor, goes with an axe, and has a hand made skincloak as his accessory.
This guy is Andrei Zurvat, who went all in with the guns(this is a very melee-heavy group except for him, though he does have the bayonet.) I guess because he chose Ork Boyz as his primary rivals, he likes the dakka.
And a few group shots of the gang!
These guys were built from 4 boxes(5 if you count the Deadwalkers), and a paint list that is very long(including oils, enamels, speedpaints, regular acrylics, effects paints, pigments). I have the latter scribbled down, I might list it in another blog later if I get around to typing it up. I think I mentioned it last month, but the boxes used were Night Lords Nemesis Claw Kill Team, Chaos Chosen 40 and AoS, and Chaos Possessed. (I'll be seeing what else I can make after this, but I'm taking a little break from Warhammer based models for now, save for using a couple for test colors.)
This was a hella fun project to get to personalize. For now I'll be probably working on some AD&D minis from Brite Minis, who does these awesome, almost Ral Partha-like miniatures that seem perfect for old school tabletop, and I'll probably be messing with the drybrush-speedpaint combo for them since I've been wanting to practice the grayscale drybrush(or, well, grisaille, which it's been known as for centuries. I wonder if the inventors of 'glazing color over grisaille' would recoil knowing it's now known as 'slapchop', lol.) This is mostly to serve as a palette cleanser and to mess with some other styles before I jump back into the Heretics, which I have lined up. (I have been doing a lot of color testing for the Artillery Witch, and I think I have my scheme for her, I know the Priest is going to be inspired by the Dark Bishop from DD: Dark Arisen, and I have a bit of an idea for one of the Anointed that is a shout-out to FFXIV in terms of kitbashing.) Also think I wanna do some terrain building again, since it'll give me more excuse to try to get the bi-weekly(I'll take monthly at this point) AD&D 2e game off the ground. I've been cooking a 2e-based blog talking about it a bit(the game itself, not the still not existing campaign).
Oh yeah! Speaking again of FFXIV, here is that chort color scheme I was messing with. I think this is going to be good for when I get around to Great Unclean Chort. Eventually. For some reason.
Even threw together a little Clyteum-inspired basing scheme. Being a Lord of Plagues he looks more menacing than our round boi but I think the color scheme works shockingly well for a Nurgle bunch.
Alrighty, and with that, I think I dropped enough stuff here for now, I'll hopefully update this again sooner than later this time. I'd like to try to update this thing more often but you know how it is.
'Til next time!





















No comments:
Post a Comment