Blog Archive

Monday, February 19, 2018

Picking/Waiting on a Main? + a General Rambling Blog

Well, it's finally happened. Well, finally happened again. (It happened before in Xrd.)

I'm actually at a place where I feel like I'm not 100% satisifed with my main in a game(like, 95% though so it's not bad).

As most know, I'm fairly easy when it comes to picking a main. I look at who I like the appearances of and try them out to see if they fit me. I generally like heavy hitting dudes(anyone who knows me knows this one.) Yes, I do trend slightly toward gorillas one might say(Azrael/Gordeau is going to be too much fun and holy shit Broly. Oh yeah, I'll get around to him.)

So in the time it happened in Xrd, as many know I went into Xrd playing Testament, Sol, Anji, HOS. A little Bridget dabbling. (I was kinda casual though in these years, keep in mind. I played decently but wasn't really looking to go full bore in. Not a lot of time.) Getting stripped down to just Sol felt weird. I love Sol Badguy, mind you-he's one of my favorite GG characters in terms of design and fuck-off attitude, but I'm not sure if I 100% saw myself as a Sol main, so I felt a little lost for awhile. I dabbled around with characters, but didn't really find my 'home' again until Raven dropped, whom I just clicked with. (Yes, I know that his oki is changing. I didn't play him for that. Hell, I love the new design of a more berserker-like higher-damage Raven with lesser oki.) I still love me some Sol! But I had a home.

DBFZ I had heard the Broly rumors and was praying the datamining was true; alas, to my luck, it was! I had characters I liked in that game-but with no Broly or 17(actual playable 17, not Puppet Half of 18 17), I felt a little like I was missing something. Now not only is Broly hitting the game but they're making him a striking powerhouse which is SO MUCH up my alley. Even if there is no 17 ending up in, I'm pretty much fine now with a team with Broly(I'll use probably Black and 16).

Similar things are afoot in Dissidia NT at the moment. While the DLC has not been announced for sure, they have the hints, and one of those hints is leading strongly toward my boy Zenos yae Galvus from FFXIV. It's not for sure, though, of course. (FWIW my mind kinda changed from my last post, and I kinda think they're going to try to fill out the missing numbers, so I kinda think the DLC might run Zenos, Locke, Ashe or Serah, Vayne, Balthier, Cid Raines or Caius, Prishe and then Ardyn, with 3 and 4 depending on each other. I could be wrong, though.)

When I heard the first slot is Male, Late-Series, Villain, Vanguard/Heavy...yeah, that narrows down who it likely will be, IMO. And I sort of have this little itch in the back of my head knowing damn well if my Legatus of the XIIth Legion is in as XIV's Villain slot, I'll be maining the fuck out of him. Right now, I'm really enjoying Warrior of Light, Sephiroth and Kain(the old me would be mocking this me for considering maining the space-germ worshiping momma's boy, but goddamnit Sephiroth is super fun and yes I will pay whatever they want for the shirtless outfit.)

But I am pretty sure I am mentally holding out hope(not a guarantee, just hope!) I get my other boy in. I'm optimistic due to Stormblood's massive success(it's been, that I can see, their most successful expansion to date so far and it's not finished yet), the fact he's moved into a favorite villain spot, and other little things(like it being super-nice if there was another big-body full bore melee in. Golby is a shoot and Exdeath is a mix, Garland is sorta the only one right now). Trends and other things(the fact the mentioned wanting more villains) keep my optimism, though I'm being cautious. But still damn, I don't think I've been this thirsty for a wished main in a LONG time!

I mean why wouldn't I main a dude whose like eight feet tall, four hundred pounds, with what looks to be equally heavy armor, who wields 2h swords in 1 hand and carries three of them in a mechanical holder nearly the size of an probably weight of a man, engineered with super strength and resilience who is also a pretty good tactician, who can make his men piss themselves by looking at them in his helmet without saying a word, who ended up literally crushing the Doman rebellion's best men unarmed, by himself, and making them watch while he did it and is actually terrifying, and also has way prettier eyelashes than any person ever.




(you thought I was lying about the first part.) 


So yeah, I definitely have a wishlist there. Just like I'm really hoping Anji, Testament and HOS in particular still make it to Xrd(though I'm so happy with Raven there they'd be subs.)

"But Azzy, I thought you live to take the piss out of Anna fans who spam Harada with requests!"

Yeah, see, there's a vast fucking distance, like one between here and Alpha Centauri, between "Discussing Wishes" and "Spamming and/or threatening the devs."

By all means, make wishlists. Joke about it. Jokingly say things like 'Damnit, angry badgers unless I get Master Roshi!' Hope, hype, pray, even a human sacrifice is acceptable(so long as it's a full moon, involves an Aztec Death Whistle and is done preferably on the 13th but I'll look the other way on the last thing.)* Nothing wrong there. Make wishlist blogs, talk about it with your friends, and if the devs happen to ask wishlists, by all means drop a friendly line about it. And don't whine, christ. No one likes whining.

So yes, I will continue to mock people who are actively shitty to devs about this.

That said, I do understand and have sympathy for folks waiting on characters, I really do. I know there are some people waiting on mains(I know quite a few Lei fans...), and waiting on other announcements(Soul Calibur VI is releasing announcements bit by bit, and while that game isn't out yet I can see people quite excited to see what's going to happen.)

Anyway, here's hoping we get what we wish for!




*Azzy does not ACTUALLY condone human sacrifice, I feel it necessary that I need to include this as a disclaimer nowadays with what I've seen certain parts of the interwebs get their panties in a wad about. Angry badger armies are cool so long as you treat them humanely.

No comments:

Post a Comment