Blog Archive

Sunday, October 9, 2016

And the next character is...

And the next character is...

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2016/10/8/tekken-7-miguel-character-reveal-trailer.html

Miguel! Thanks to AvP with the news as usual.

Direct link to the official release video:




Alrighty then! Just announced at the Barcelona event was Miguel, and I am damned happy to see him. I was happy with my lineup-I had my main, I had my main subs, and I had my backups, and even my dabble characters...Miguel was the only one I was truly missing, and here he is! I honestly would have been fine any way, but getting him is like a great bonus.

Miguel, IMO, is like a perfect fit for Tekken 7. He has a fairly simple, bread and butter, no-frills no bullshit style that's great for new players but can still be involved enough for more experienced players. He has a stance, he's poke-heavy, and will I feel slot right into this system nicely. His combos look solid, though nothing too extreme in terms of difficulty. 

His new design is fantastic; that coat fits him great, those knuckledusters are just huge-like the size of sledgehammers, and he just looks so angry. Which fits him. I mean the guy has a big beef with Jin with the death of his sister and all. Also he makes eating an apple look badass. 

For some moves listings(not in order at the moment, but just going through some information and the video): 

-His Power Crush seems to be b+4. Nice fitting one, too. The animation is good for a PC. I do wonder though if they'll leave it safe. As of now it's 19f,  and -6 on block, but a safe, mid, KND/W! PC may be pretty strong; most of the loaded PCs(Backlash, what looks to be HMS3 though I dunno that on block) are high. THAT being said the move is very, very linear, so they may get away with leaving it safe, or at least maybe -9. They could test it out and see how it runs. 

-He seems to have a tailspin that is based off of a new move, presumably replacing his old df+2,2. It is unknown what the notation is, but the df+2 seems intact. It may still be the same notation, and they just changed the move. 

-3,4 has a tailspin. 

-He has some cool kick that resembles a WS4 after his f+1+2. New, or changed animation?

-He seems to have a WS+2,4 like tailspin(new or adjusted move?)

-At the wall he seems to have an uf+3 option into a string that spikes; this could be really damned good for him at the wall to give him a consistent and scary wall option. (it appears with some searching the latter hits of his WS+2 string, but we'll see. In any case, it's good.)

-SAV 4 gives a tailspin. 

-His RD seems to be another screw-type one. I'm not sure this is the choice I'd have made for Miguel, but we'll see how it goes. 

-His Rage Art may be one of the coolest in the game. That first person beatdown. Once again those knuckledusters are fucking huge. 

It's also awesome they threw in some of the fanservice 'Whoo-hoo!' I was waiting for that and they delivered! 

So all in all a good choice. While there's a few detractors(mostly people waiting for some OGs, which some I have sympathy for, however I have zero for the people spamming Harada), in general, and he's not one of those super-polarizing characters like capos or Bob(I have less of a problem with these characters than others, but they are polarizing, and IMO capos are probably better left out of this one unless they have a REALLY big re-working, the biggest of any character). He's not a completely unplayed character(even if he isn't super-popular). He has a point in the story; his beef with Jin will be able to perhaps spice up the Mishima war a bit(Jin will likely be fighting a war on both sides here.) 

I'll be back soon for a bit more roster chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment